A challenge ladder is a mechanism for ranking tennis players according to their skill levels. As members of the ladder play each other, their relative positions are adjusted to reflect the results of their play.
The purpose of a tennis challenge ladder is to allow all tennis players, from the beginning novice to the serious, experienced player, to meet and play other tennis enthusiasts at their own skill levels. Whether you play only occasionally, "just for fun," or prefer to compete several times a week, you can meet others at your level. You will also have the opportunity to improve your play by challenging others who are slightly more advanced.
INDOOR LADDER WILL RUN FROM DEC 1 - MARCH 1 (Sign up Below)
- Players may be added to the ladder at any time. They will start at the bottom and work their way up
- Players may challenge up or down four spots
- Players must accept valid challenges from other players, or accept a loss by default.
- A match should be played within ten days of the initial challenge
- Players are not required to accept more than one challenge per week.
- Players are not required to accept a challenge from another player they have defeated within the past two weeks.
- Standard DTC Singles/Doubles times apply to this ladder, if court time is available players may finish match. If sufficient time is not available the player/team in the lead will win the match.
- The Winner of the match is responsible for recording the score with the desk staff.
- Ladder Matches do not have priority in the lottery (Challenger(s) are required to make reservation).
Singles = 8 Game Pro Set
Doubles = 2 sets + 10 point tie breaker (if needed)
If you have any questions about the singles and/or doubles ladder, please e-mail: Tim@DetroitTennis.com
Indoor Ladder Sign up
Please make a separate entry if you plan to play singles & doubles